A 29m ( 95 ft ) high, square, brick tower.
The Old Colombo Lighthouse is no longer operational but now functions as a clock tower and is designated as a monument.
It is located at the junction of Chatham Street and Janadhipathi Mawatha ( formally Queens road ) in Colombo fort.
This tower was first established as a clock tower in 1860 and then the lantern added also in 1860.
The original clock ( made by the same manufacturer as “ Big Ben ” ) was replaced in 1913.
The light was eventually blocked by tall buildings and was superceded in 1952 by the new Colombo Lighthouse at Galbokka Point.
Inactive since 1952 it is the only lighthouse in the world which also tells the time in the middle of a busy road.